As well as taking up many hundreds of casework issues, this work has included…
- A brand new £6m primary school at Chestnut Park.
- Leading the community response and mobilisation of volunteers to support hundreds of residents during the COVID lockdowns.
- Securing funding for a comprehensive package of measures to make Yatton High Street and surrounding residential streets safer to walk and wheel – including a new safe route into Yatton Schools.
- The replacement of 17 bridges and 40 assorted gates to improve footpaths linking Kingston Seymour to Yatton, as part of a £300,000 investment in the local Public Rights of Way network.
- Successfully reinstating a timetabled bus connection to Clevedon – only to lose it to the broken commercial bus market.
- Securing a commitment to re-route the X5 through Yatton from September.
- Working hard to launch WESTlink – what will be the biggest mobilisation of on-demand public transport in the country.
- Fighting off an attempt to locate a 15m 5G mast completely inappropriately next to the bus stop at the pedestrian entrance to Yatton precinct.
- Resurrecting the project to extend the Strawberry Line to Clevedon – including engagement with key stakeholders like National Highways and GWR – with the aim of opening the route by 2026/27.
- Steering the transfer of a failing waste and recycling contract to a council-run arms length company to support our collective achievement of becoming the 4th best unitary council in England for recycling and composting!
- Winning council refusals for the Moor Road and Rectory Farm planning applications (only to see Govt-appointed inspectors overturn the wishes of the community.)
- Stopping the use of weedkiller in council parks and open spaces, with a review of its use on the highway network.
- Protected frontline services like our wonderful libraries and vital children’s centres, despite continuing austerity.
- Outside of Yatton ward – and in a uniquely challenging environment – leading on and driving forward high profile projects like the Portishead Rail line and the Banwell bypass.