Steve Bridger is ward COUNCILLOR for yatton and leader of North Somerset Council.
- Elected to represent Yatton ward on North Somerset Council on 2nd May 2019
- Appointed Executive Member for Assets and Capital Delivery on 20th April 2021
- Elected Leader of North Somerset Council on 10th May 2022
A bit more about me…
- Originally from Taunton, I have lived in Yatton for 20 years.
- My two daughters attended school in Yatton and Backwell.
- Served as a governor of Yatton Infants School in the noughties.
- Nominated for a Yatton Parish Council Volunteer of the Year Award in 2017.
- Over 25 years I have been a digital advisor to more than one hundred charities and membership organisations.
- Online Community Strategist and committed to online community building; created and nurtured award-winning community-centred websites.
- I was part of the team that launched The Big Lunch in 2009, handling all of the official social media activity.
- Led countless ‘digital literacy’ training and social media ‘surgeries’ over the years.
- I was invited by Nesta – an innovation charity – to sit on a panel funding innovative fundraising ideas with a social impact.
- Presented with a writing award by the President of Mexico.
- Taught English and Science in a bilingual primary school in Mexico.
- Volunteered one night a week for a year at Centrepoint’s first hostel supporting homeless young people in Soho, London.
- I worked at Oxfam HQ for three years in the late 80s during which time I organised the annual charity appeal for Blue Peter, which raised £1.4m.
- Member of Yatton and Congresbury Wildlife Action Group (YACWAG).
- Keen photographer of our local landscapes; out everyday walking around the village.
- I have a degree in development economics from the University of East Anglia
- As well as Somerset, I’ve also lived in Norwich, Oxford, London… and many locations in Mexico.
- Both my parents worked in local government pretty much all their working lives and my first job was delivering mail around County Hall in Taunton. This was in the days of typing pools.
“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it’s not.” Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
0 comments on “Meet Steve”