Steve Bridger is ward COUNCILLOR for yatton.
- Re-elected to represent Yatton ward on North Somerset Council on 4th May 2023
- Elected Leader of North Somerset Council on 10th May 2022 (until May 2023)
- Appointed Executive Member for Assets and Capital Delivery on 20th April 2021
- Elected to represent Yatton ward on North Somerset Council on 2nd May 2019
A bit more about me…
- Originally from Taunton, I have lived in Yatton for 20 years.
- My two daughters attended school in Yatton and Backwell.
- Served as a governor of Yatton Infants School.
- Nominated for a Yatton Parish Council Volunteer of the Year Award in 2017.
- Over 25 years I have been a digital advisor to more than one hundred charities and membership organisations.
- Online Community Strategist and committed to online community building; created and nurtured award-winning community-centred websites.
- Part of the original team that launched The Big Lunch in 2009.
- Led countless ‘digital literacy’ training and social media ‘surgeries’ over the years.
- Invited by Nesta – an innovation charity – to sit on a panel awarding funding to innovative fundraising ideas with a social impact.
- Co-authored a guide to digital fundraising.
- Presented with a travel writing award by the President of Mexico.
- Volunteered one night a week for a year at Centrepoint’s first hostel supporting homeless young people in Soho, London.
- I worked at Oxfam HQ for three years in the late 80s during which time I organised the annual charity appeal for Blue Peter, which raised £1.4m.
- Member of Yatton and Congresbury Wildlife Action Group (YACWAG).
- Keen amateur photographer of our local landscapes; out everyday walking around the village.
- I have a degree in development economics from the University of East Anglia
- As well as Somerset, I’ve also lived in Norwich, Oxford, London… and many locations in Mexico.
- Both my parents worked in local government pretty much all their working lives and my first job was delivering mail around County Hall in Taunton. This was in the days of typing pools.
“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it’s not.” Dr. Seuss, The Lorax