Last updated: 7th April
are now out for public consultation until 9th May.
The aims of the package for Yatton are as follows:
- improve safety and perceptions of safety for people walking, cycling and other forms of active travel between North End and Yatton village centre, including trips to and from school.
- increase the proportion of journeys made by active, lower-carbon ways (such as walking, cycling and scooting) within Yatton, particularly from new developments at North End;
- ensure the new developments at North End contribute to the improvement of the village as a safe, active and attractive place to live, work, learn and visit.
We are therefore proposing to:
- introduce a 20mph speed limit to slow vehicle speeds and improve road safety
- widen footways at narrow pinch points through the High Street
- improve crossing points for pedestrians
- provide a new access into the primary school through the Co-op car park (subject to agreement with landowners)
- other minor alterations of signage, gullies and bus stops to facilitate the works
- realign the Cherry Grove and Well Lane junctions with Stowey Road as part of the .
Work also continues on to Clevedon project.