We need to cherish and invest in our sports clubs, which are at the heart of our communities. I support North Somerset Council’s statement that access to high quality open spaces and opportunities for sport and recreation can make an important contribution to health and well-being of communities.
- Proactively support our community groups and ensure they learn about potential sources of grant funding at an early stage.
- Actively support the campaign to extend the Strawberry Line along (or close to) the old railway line to Clevedon.
- I support the intention of Yatton Rugby Club to relocate to new premises at North End, and build a high quality, purpose built facility for the club to meet its current and future needs.
- I welcome and support a new Junior Parkrun in Yatton.
- I will explore ways for Yatton Library to become more significant in the life of the village – for example, hosting a Library of Things.
- I support the “Use Our Loos” campaign and will urge some of our local businesses to make their toilets available to non-customers in return for a small annual financial contribution. I will encourage others to help create a toilet map of North Somerset.